Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

2.21.2007

About Time for a New Topic

It seems to me one could categorize the majority of my posts on this blog into four broad topic areas: 1) News articles, usually about politics and/or religion; 2) Excercise and triathlon activities such as the Tour de France; 3) Library issues and book reviews; and 4) Fun bits such as quizes. I'm noticing the second category has been dominant lately and ought to add something different for variety. But before I do . . .

It's interesting watching the coverage of the Tour of California on Versus. It's the same channel that's had cycling on in recent years (although with a new name) and the same commentators that have been covering the sport for quite a long while now. And it's the same riders from all over the world who race in all the elite events. There are a few subtle differences this time, though. Instead of giving distances in kilometers, they are talking miles. Instead of Celsius, the temperatures are being measured in Fahrenheit. Little things like that. I'm wondering if they've adjusted just for this race to meet the host country's standards or if the TV network's trying to make things a bit friendlier for their primarily U.S. audience. This is the first race of the season so we won't know until there's a European one to compare against, but I've rather enjoyed the change myself. I don't have to take the time to convert every number they throw out and can simply absorb what they are saying.

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

You're losing us, dude. That was mean, you almost tricked me into reading one of your cycling posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home