Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.13.2010

Of Blogging

Though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge, as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it.

--Lewis Carol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

4 Comments:

At 1/13/2010 10:37 PM, Blogger Hadrian said...

Just because they don't talk back, it doesn't mean they're not listening.

 
At 1/13/2010 11:46 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

:-) Thanks. I can't quite yet articulate why that quote seems apt to me, but it has something to do with the fact that I don't shape what I post for any particular audience but instead do it for myself, yet I also bask in the glory of any feedback I get. Both motives seem self-centered to at least some extent; even though blogging is about sharing, it's primarily about sharing me.

 
At 1/15/2010 10:20 AM, Blogger Leelu said...

I think you just encapsulated why I don't blog with any regularity, or about anything more than things I find amusing/interesting: I don't want to share me.

 
At 8/12/2010 1:02 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

And back to this being linked as my "About" page,

I'd also add this Invitation

And the final comment here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home