Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.12.2007

My Vote Is Better Never to Have Been

Vote for the oddest book title of the year (lower right).

5 Comments:

At 3/13/2007 12:09 AM, Blogger Hadrian said...

That doesn't sound odd at all. In fact, it sounds like a high minded treatise to me, possibly even a legal treatise on "wrongful life" actions. Yes, they really do exist.

 
At 3/13/2007 6:45 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

And you saw the subtitle? The Harm of Coming Into Existence. That's the odd part to me. And probably because it does make a bit of sense; everyone does unwitting harm no matter their intentions. But the idea of holding people accountable for something they had no control over or no say in . . . because they didn't even exist at the time the action (of their creation) was taken . . . it's logical on one level and completely illogical on another. It's the jarring reconciliation of those two levels that won me over.

 
At 3/13/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger David Crowe said...

I voted Green Nazi.

 
At 3/13/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Hadrian said...

Well, I went to the Oxford University Press site, and the harm being done is to the person coming into existence. It's not a harm being done by the person coming into existence. Basically, this is the high minded, academic version of the perennial adolescent complaint "I never asked to be born!"

 
At 3/13/2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Leelu said...

I followed the trend and went with the shopping cart identification guide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home