Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.08.2008

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You

If you think this is bad, you've never had a conversation with a cataloger.

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2008 3:47 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

How could I make it better? I easily found what I was looking for, but that wasn't my point. In order to improve our catalogue, I suggest we remove all Rosie O'Donnell related items to ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

 
At 3/09/2008 4:19 PM, Blogger scott said...

I don't think we should remove them. Just mask them from patron view :)

 
At 3/09/2008 8:54 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

If you have a catalog and I have a catalog and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink up your catalog.

Anyway, the reason I said that at the end is that there are those in the library world who feel that the library catalog needs to be scrapped. That we could learn a lot from Amazon and Google. That patrons shouldn't have to be taught how to search effectively, but that it should be obvious and easy. That we are too tied to old school thinking and the card catalog with its author, title, and subject searching and that the Internet opens up a whole new world that we haven't effectively made use of. But we still need to figure out how to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home