Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

7.18.2008

Batmanbatmanbatman

I didn't even realize this until yesterday, but the one advantage to having to work this Saturday means I have today off and we could see a cheap 11:20 a.m. showing of The Dark Knight without fighting the crowds. Wow! The Star's 3 stars are much too stingy. It really captures the essence of the dark knight. And you can believe all that hype you've heard about Heath Ledger's Joker. It's not only his fine acting, but the writing. Exceptional and scary.

We also got to see a full preview for Watchmen. You can't tell anything about acting, story, or the like, but the look has me excited.

There's no comparison, but you should still see Iron Man (just as this is awesomely dark and heavy, it's awesomely fun).

ADDITION: As we watched the closing credits, I was reminded once again how backwards I find conservative values. A bit of language and nudity will get an R rating yet this movie earned a PG-13? I don't care if they don't explicitly show the blood and gore, this is some violent, disturbing stuff. And much more likely to be damaging than images of the human body or some harmless words.

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2008 5:56 PM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

I am so geekily stoked to finally get Watchmen. I bought the series when it came out, and have been tortured by rumours ever since.

Tomorrow night, I get to finally see Batman! (It won't be my last, since we have another geek date set up for August 3.)

Without a doubt, Heath Ledger will rock. But I really just want to see Christian Bale. If they actually employ "the long halloween" storyline in sequels, I would die a happy girl.

That, and I just love Batman. Though Ironn Man is moving up through the ranks. That *was* a badass movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home