Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

6.10.2011

It's In There Somewhere

This is somewhat vague, enough so that I forgot to include it at first. But somewhere in this couple of sentences is a synchronicity of my biggest themes I repeat through this blog: the power and importance of story, the synthesis of the micro and macro as it pertains to politics and social justice, and how I try to live my life.

One final quote from Barry Lopez's Resistance, which I have now added at the end of my review as a conclusion:

Whether I understand the stories in every particular or not, I regard them as a kind of protection against what menaces every person--despair, conceit, failure of imagination. It is this feeling I want to give back: not thank you or every blessing on you but I wish for my life to protect your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home