Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.13.2012

Playing with Pictures

Nothing great here, just having some very minor fun with light and color. I don't Photoshop and rarely do much of anything to my cameraphone's pictures other than Microsoft Office Picture Manager's "autocorrect" feature, so I'm sure someone with experience could come up with much better than this.

Anyway, last weekend I shared this picture of the sunset on Facebook in an attempt to capture the colors I'd just seen:



Someone responded it was great, but looked even more dramatic if you tilted your screen to darken it. So, here's the glowing fires and billowing smoke of Mordor version:



Earlier in the day, I'd taken some gloomy, winter pictures at a Flint Hills ranch, including a few of a post with a triangle:



Another angle:



Another angle:



Looking into the sun:



So here's that last one in black and white:



Darkened:



Lightened:



Enhancing the color:



Even more:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home