Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

9.16.2016

Detached Amusement

That seems to be my default setting lately--detached amusement--by necessity as a survival strategy. I don't have the energy to get attached to many thoughts or issues, and I can keep my agreeableness and good humor with those around me by finding as much amusement as possible in the mundane.






Most recently, I've been particularly enjoying theidiomatic.com, which combines two traditional idioms in random combinations. Some that I've enjoyed so far:
  • Brevity is a root of all kinds of evil.
  • Music can start a great fire.
  • Stupid is what you make it.
  • Ignorance is made to be broken.
  • Worrying is sweet.
  • An apple a day is a thin line between love and hate.
  • Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words breed contempt.
  • Revenge is born every minute.
  • Procrastination comes to those who wait.
  • A woman's place must come to an end.
  • Money is the best medicine. 
I think my favorite might be, "Procrastination comes to those who wait."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home