Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

7.05.2018

Your Essentials: Two Questions

I hate having to pick a favorite anything, and picking books is the absolute worst, so I highly appreciate this meme that's been going around my social media lately:


So it was very hard for me to respond to a recent request from a colleague: "If you could only choose two books for your library, what would they be?" After a good week of agonizing I gave her two titles to add to her list, but I wouldn't swear by them as my answer would probably be different any other day. I think really I'm still waiting to discover that book that I feel is all-encompassing enough to provide everything I'd want in a single package--and I know there are so many great books I have yet to try that I feel I'm selling them short to pick something else without giving them a chance. So I'm raising the question here without providing an answer.

A similar--though importantly different--question recently posed by The Atlantic: "What book or article would you make required reading for everyone on Earth?" Again, I don't have an immediate answer. Here are the ones they came up with.

You?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home