Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.06.2023

2022 Was a Year


Often I try to do a post in some way related to the end of one year and the start of the next. Often that post will mention I don't really get into the changing of the year as a time for "newness," but participate in my own way anyway. Not this year. I took the week between Christmas and New Year's as vacation to be home with my family, but that seemed to leave me with less time than ever. Negotiating my spouse's long covid condition and recent ADHD diagnoses for both boys (7 & 9)--and their associated behaviors--took all our focus and energy. Then an old pipe in the wall of our house burst, raining from the top bathroom down into the basement. We had trouble getting companies out quickly to start work on things due to the holidays and other burst pipes in our area from a recent severe cold snap. Our water was off for almost a week, and parts of the house are going to be trashed for a while.

So that was the end of 2022 and the start of 2023. And that's all I have to say about that.




I haven't done much reading or thinking lately because dealing with all of that has been dominant. Instead, I've spent my downtime being brainless, which means, in part, memes. So here's a compilation of the New Year's memes that caught my attention. I can take credit for none of it except that it's what resonates with me.

News headlines from 2022:



Yeah . . . 


When I'm weary, I retreat.



Related . . . 



It's a fine balance.



I've probably shared this before; it's me all other years.


Goals, part 1.



Goals, part 2.


I think I'm already pretty good at the confusing and ambiguous advice part.





Speaking of confusing and ambiguous advice in the woods, I think I prefer not knowing the context or reference, just a random statement in the woods (my picture).

"Glowing Eyes in the Dark Night"


I did just manage to finish my annual "favorite books" lists.

A few of my favorite books from 2022 (not necessarily published in 2022, but ones I read this year).





I managed to get these finished in time for Christmas, a gift for my wife, made entirely by hand (no power tools), that I managed to keep hidden from her.


A few more pictures--because taking them helps me stay sane--and then a final share.









Finally, I really like this series on perspective from Wait But Why.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home