Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.05.2006

Here We Go

The season starts tomorrow. Some would argue that it begins May 21st with the Heritage Park Triathlon; tomorrow is slightly outside of the metro area and has an indoor swim, after all. But two years ago it was my first triathlon ever and last year it was my first event coming back from breaking my neck, so I consider the Ft. Leavenworth GCSC triathlon to be the official start of my season. I've been building up to it with the JCC indoor triathlon, Brew to Brew, Raintree half, JCBC spring classic, and Trolley Run, but this is my first 2006 triathlon. I'm excited.

4 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

What fun! A beautiful time of year, to inspire you to get out and have fun. Be careful and stretch well first!

It always cracks me up when restaurants and brew pubs get involved with marathon/triathalon/bicycling events. You train for months, eat well, push your body to extremes to compete... then celebrate with a beer. But it is probably the best-tasting beer all season!

Brillant!

 
At 5/06/2006 12:10 AM, Blogger CHAD said...

Degolar is the most talented and brilliant man I know. He's also my brother, which makes me the most talented and brilliant woman I know.

 
At 5/06/2006 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Chad is actually Megan. I just use his user name. Ha ha

 
At 5/06/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many people I saw cross the finish line at the Brew to Brew and ask for a beer instead of water. And all the bicycle group rides I've done start/end at a restaurant and bar so they can head in for beer immediately after. Seems a bit counter-productive to me, but carbs right after exercise do help with a quicker recovery.

And, Hey, Chad/Megan. Welcome to my blog. Thank you, but I think you might be biased in your comment. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home