Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

6.13.2006

Sleep Is for Wusses

I’ll be the first to admit there are more spectator-friendly sports than triathlons. There’s not a lot of “action” to it and the athletes spend the majority of their time out on the course where they can’t even be seen by most. Nevertheless, they are a somewhat unique and exciting type of event, and you can have a good time hanging out near the transition area. If you’ve never seen one live, I highly recommend it. And you have a chance in less than a month to enjoy the Kansas City area’s most popular event: the 22nd Annual Shawnee Park Triathlon. It starts before the heat on the morning of Sunday, July 9. I’d love to see you there. Let me know if you might go and I’ll give you some spectator pointers.

So far I’ve registered for that event and the Topeka Tinman this Saturday. The other things I’m looking at—although I won't be able to do all of them and am open to other events if you know of any—are:
7/15 – Stump Jumpin’ Trail Trot at Clinton Lake in Lawrence
7/16 – Northland Delight Bike Tour in Liberty
7/23 – Midwest Mayhem Triathlon at Lone Star Lake in Lawrence
7/29 – Prairie Punisher Duathlon in Gardner
8/19 – Pain Terrain trail run at Landahl Park in Blue Springs
8/27 – Jackson County Triathlon at Longview Lake
10/9-10 – KC Area MS 150 bike tour
10/10 – Midwest Meltdown Triathlon at Wyandotte County Lake in KCK
10/23-24 – Eastern KS MS 150 bike tour out of Topeka

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger scott said...

jesus. you're a madman! i hope none of those dates interfere with all-important d+d :D let us know which ones you're doing, and maybe we'll come out and watch!

 
At 6/13/2006 11:21 PM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

No rest for the wicked, indeed!

Bonus on coming to town. I didn't realize it was time for the Tinman already! We were thinking of driving to Council Grove for some shindig.

If we don't, I'll send ya an email, and you can let us know where to look for ya. Good luck!

 
At 6/14/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

I recommend Shawnee Mission on 7/9 if you want to watch one (for you KC-based fans).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home