Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.25.2007

Humorous, but also True

Portman's glossary, letter G. It's easy to do what comes easy, and sometimes having the right talent means not all achievements feel hard-earned. But I like my job.

4 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 6:22 PM, Blogger Kelly Sime said...

congrats, again, on your award

 
At 1/25/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger CDL said...

Again, enjoy it. We are.

 
At 1/25/2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

I don't want to seem ungracious about it. For those who weren't there, I was given an award for outstanding service at our annual staff breakfast this morning. Those who were there know that my first reaction was embarrassment at being the center of so much attention. My second reaction, the one that gave rise to this post, was feeling undeserving. I get really enthusiastic about the parts of my job I enjoy, but I also feel like I'm pretty lazy about other parts. It seems to me there are plenty of opportunities to provide better service (to both patrons and colleagues) that I pass on; I don't feel like I "go the extra mile" all that often. So I've been a bit uncomfortable about the whole thing. But as I've taken the time to let it sink in, I'm actually beginning to feel pretty honored. It's a big deal, I guess, and it's nice to feel so much support and acknowledgment coming at me from everyone. Thank you.

 
At 1/26/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

We should all be rewarded at times... especially when you have to suffer the general public on bad days.

Very cool! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home