Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

9.12.2008

Maybe I should explain about the whole "Turtlebear" thing. It's a family nickname, apparently going way back. My birth certificate says "Gratuity Tucci," but Mom's called me Turtlebear ever since she learned that "gratuity" didn't mean what she thought it did. My friends call me Tip.

I guess I'm telling you all this as a way of explaining about my mom. When people ask me about her, I say she's very pretty. When they ask if she's smart like me, I say she's very pretty.

----------

In the opposite arm she cradled Andromeda, who was wearing both her Legolas onesie
and her Keebler booties. Which seemed wrong, you know--mixing two different kinds of elves like that. So now I knew Vicki was crazy.

----------

"I only usually shout at the white people," he said. "Tradition. I've got no beef with you."

"I'm
half white," I said, folding my arms.

"Hrrm. Which half?"

I blinked. "Uh . . . dunno. Let's say it's from the waist down."

Chief Shouting Bear nodded. "Deal. I only hate your legs."

1 Comments:

At 9/12/2008 1:41 PM, Blogger CDL said...

I know that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home