Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.28.2009

Strange New Experience

So I was recommending some beginning chapter books to a mom for her second grader. We were out browsing the stacks, but I couldn't remember the author of a new series and ran back to my computer to look it up. While I was there, another mom asked where the summer reading materials were. I directed her to them on my way back to the stacks and went to find the series I wanted. I turned around and gave them to the first mom, but the second mom had followed me and asked if she could have some of the books too. As I tried to continue my conversation with the first mom, the second one interrupted me to ask for more recommendations and tried to highjack the transaction. I tried to politely answer her questions while letting her know I was still talking to the other woman, but she stalked us and eavesdropped until we were done.

1 Comments:

At 5/28/2009 8:36 PM, Blogger David Crowe said...

Did you try slapping the living crap out of her? That's what I do when Ean is dogging my heals.

WV
dimba - Simba's retarded brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home