Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

9.01.2010

All a Matter of Perspective

The panicked expressions on everyone's faces make it clear this is meant to be a criticism of liberal policies being enacted by the president, but the funny thing is my first thought is she's come up with an excellent metaphor for what I believe in as a liberal. I don't see people dragging each other down, I see people helping each other out. Life is too often too hard for most of us to make it entirely on our own, and the best solution I know is to rely on each other. Maybe this time I need to help you and maybe next time you need to help me. Better to take turns keeping each other afloat than take turns individually sinking. So instead of feeling a criticism from this, I see a surprising confirmation. It's just too bad the critical can't see it as well.


Source

1 Comments:

At 9/01/2010 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post Chris. I agree with your sentiment. In other countries, people are more comfortable with a (more expensive) social network because they believe that they might need help someday. In this country, people are reluctant to a progressive tax system that asks the better off to support the less well-off because they believe that they might be billionaires someday (even though the former is more likely than the latter).

I didn't know that the taxpayers financially supported unions. This cartoon might be more effective if I knew that the author was equally shocked and bothered by the taxpayer supporting banks, corporations, agribusiness, etc....

Troy (David)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home