Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.17.2011

Defining Your Membership Means Someone Gets Left Out

A number of months ago I started noticing a recurring pattern, that every once in a while when I'd brush my left nipple in the bathroom or getting dressed there was a faint, phantom tenderness. If I hunted around to really pin it down I felt nothing and it started during the humid summer when I sometimes chafe against my clothes while running, so I didn't think much of it. Still, it's still there, and when I saw the doctor last week for other stuff I remembered to mention it.

She referred me for an ultrasound to the usual imaging center I've gone to for x-rays and other tests of that sort. Only this time when I arrived with my referral, the receptionist told me to head back out the door and around the corner to another suite they use. I found the suite number by the door, but a much more prominent sign labeled it as the "Women's Specialty Center." Inside were only women, both patients and staff. The art on the walls was all of the female body. I had to leave three-quarters of the paperwork incomplete because it didn't apply to me. I worried I'd make the other partially dressed patients uncomfortable with my unexpected presence when we caught glimpses of each other in the hall. It wasn't really a big deal and I'm not complaining, but I did feel I'd been sent somewhere I wasn't supposed to be.

(The test results were normal and healthy, so no worries but no explanation for the tenderness.)

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2011 12:46 PM, Blogger princessmaidenwarrior said...

that had to have been uncomfortable, but I will tell you a secret. Man in the office, or not, women HATE being anywhere that a mammogram machine is nearby, so I bet you're presence probably didn't phase them much. I'm glad you're okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home