Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

7.07.2012

My Titles

Don't quite know where this came from, but I got carried away with an idea on my bike ride the other morning.

Well, I suppose I kind of know how it started. My wife and I got a new house recently, and when I posted some pictures of it on Facebook I flippantly decided to call the album "Castle [Degolar]." She, because of our large property with gardens and fruit trees and more, decided she prefers to call our new place "The Orchard."

Then I was listening to an audiobook where the character is exploring a dense, lush forest when she comes across a cultivated patch of gardens and is accosted by the area's constable. And I thought, Heh, I should call myself "Constable of The Orchard." And I guess that would also make me "Lord of Castle [Degolar]." I wonder what other titles I could give myself?

So now the "About Me" portion of my Facebook page reads as follows:

Consort of [Wife];
Lord of Castle [Degolar], Warden of The Orchard, and Guardian of Canine Kids;
Ponderer of Perplexities, Seeker of Sagacity, and Wayfarer of Fancies;
Wanderer of Wilds, Pedaler of Cycles, and Swimmer of Waters;
Curator of Lore, Emissary of Illumination, and Pusher of Stories.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home