Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.09.2006

Go Ahead, Open This Box

I've been happily enjoying a new online music service called Pandora. Based on the work of the Music Genome Project, it allows you to create your own radio station(s). Each piece of music is analyzed and categorized according to hundreds of musical attributes. You can pick a song or artist you like and music that matches is located and played on your station. If you want more variety, you can add more reference points. If something comes up that you don't like, you can nuke it. If you want different stations for different moods, you can make more. So far it's been a mix of familiar favorites and new discoveries that I almost always enjoy. I've never really cared for radio before, but I think I'm gonna like this. I recommend giving it a try.

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Hadrian said...

I got the email you sent me about this and it sounded really cool. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but am looking forward to doing so.

 
At 5/10/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

I hadn't tried it either when I forwarded the email, but now that I have I'm very pleased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home