Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

12.22.2006

Christmas Traditions

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I looooove egg nog, but hot chocolate is darn good too. I don't end up drinking much of either, though.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped under the tree for much of the month. They're atmosphere as much as presents.

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? Colored on the big green tree, white on the little silver one.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have yet.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving night or the day after.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't really associate food with Christmas.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Late night Christmas Eve service at church, followed by present opening early the next morning--the family gathers with coffee or hot chocolate around the tree and goes around the circle taking turns opening presents one at a time.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom says I never really bought into Santa. (On a side note, I once knew someone who said he never believed the whole north pole thing but instead believed Santa lived under the bed and came out once per year; but after a couple of years he looked under the bed and didn't find Santa, so he stopped believing in him.)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. No tarnishing the specialness of the day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With toy-themed ornaments. Mom started this when we were little and gave me my third when I got married. We've added a few to the collection each year.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. Always feel teased in KC because we don't get much and it never lasts.

12. Can you ice skate? I've been a couple of times, so technically yes, but not enough to be proficient or enjoy it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't think of a single favorite, but I've gotten a lot of nice things over the years.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I don't really associate food with Christmas.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Late night Christmas Eve service at church, followed by present opening early the next morning--the family gathers with coffee or hot chocolate around the tree and goes around the circle taking turns opening presents one at a time.

17. What tops your tree? A star (w/interior light).

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? They are both nice, but giving is best when I have an inspired idea.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? Eh. Decent in the right mood.

21. Favorite Christmas Movie? Scrooged or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. (And I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Story, by the way.)

22. Tinsel or no tinsel (icicles)? It's pretty but not worth messing with. I've never used it.

23. Do you like to go caroling? No. Did it a few times with church youth group in middle school, but not since that I can remember.

24. Do you like to sleep in or get up early on Christmas morning? Whenever we wake up, but it tends to be early.

25. Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa? No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home