Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

12.31.2006

Well, Holy Cow!

The Chiefs are going to the playoffs. Everyone, myself included, had written them off a couple of weeks ago. In order to make it in today, they had to win and have three teams--the Titans, Bengals, and Broncos--lose. Two of those games went into overtime, yet still came out right. Most unlikely of all was the solid Denver Broncos losing to the lowly San Francisco 49ers a few minutes ago. I made a point of settling on the couch with a book for my last home football Sunday of the season, but I guess I'll get to do it all over again next week. Happy New Year.

7 Comments:

At 1/02/2007 4:26 PM, Blogger Hadrian said...

I repeat the comment I left on Gobula's blog: wasn't that some piss-poor officiating in the Denver-SF game? Some of the worst I've ever seen.

 
At 1/02/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

Been like that alllllllll season. Especially with the roughing calls.

 
At 1/02/2007 8:02 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

I guess it was, but, like Gobula, I'm used to it and didn't even really notice.

I hate to risk getting my hopes up, but I think Indianapolis is the team I'd most want to play next week.

Did you see that Oklahoma-Boise State Fiesta Bowl? Wow!

 
At 1/02/2007 8:25 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

I agree, Indy is the best option. I would absolutely love to knock out the Colts after all the times they have upset the Chiefs.

What the hell is up with all the corporate sponser bowls? Chick-fil-a bowl? Seriously?

 
At 1/03/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Hadrian said...

Don't dis Chick-fil-A bitch!

 
At 1/03/2007 10:19 AM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

What's next? Big Roy's Auto Repair & Live Bait Bowl?

 
At 1/03/2007 11:53 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

I love the fact the Papa John's isn't content to just have their name, it has to be the papajohns.com bowl, as if people won't be able to figure out they need to add a dot com for the website.

(And notice I did not call it the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl above, just the Fiest Bowl; that's my little act of rebellion against this practice.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home