Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

2.28.2007

Someone's Gonna Catch Hell

I just finished writing a paper for class tomorrow night with the news on in the background, which has consisted solely of weather coverage for the last three hours. Storms, hail, tornadoes, and flooding tonight. And I-35 south is closed at 87th right now (and has been for a while) because it is completely flooded out at the brand new interchange that took forever and millions of dollars to complete. Oops!

I left work at the end of an absolutely brilliant afternoon, wishing I had packed my bike this morning so I could ride outside. Instead I was stuck heading to the gym for a spinning class, which turned out to be the right decision after all. It was pouring rain by the time I left and I actually got pelted by the beginnings of small hail as I ran to my car. I drove away in a torrential downpour and heavy but small hail, wondering if I shouldn't turn right around and take shelter. But I had a paper to write, and before that I wanted a swim. Our pool is closed this week for its semi-annual cleaning, so I was planning on trying a neighboring one. I fought the weather and found their parking lot, then soaked my feet in flooding ice-water as I struggled to reach the door. There I found that, even though they have a dome cover and temperature control, they still have to close during lightning because they are technically an outdoor pool. Bastards! So I ended up heading home early to a warm shower and a laptop in front of the TV. And here we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home