Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.05.2007

Beautiful

I'm ashamed to admit it's taken until March, but I finally went on my first outdoor ride of 2007. It's hard enough to motivate in the winter, what with it being dark by the time I leave work and the cold and all, but this winter was especially snowy, icy, and cold. I got out of the habit of daring the elements on my bike early on and never quite got back to it. Luckily it was a gorgeous afternoon and I was actually able to ride in a t-shirt. I needed a few miles to get comfortable, but the hours on spinning bikes paid off as I was able to ride for almost two hours and felt great. Most enjoyable.

I had the time because I was called to jury duty today and got dismissed in the middle of the afternoon. I think it's an important duty and was intrigued to experience the whole process, but was glad to not be selected because it let me out on a beautiful day and it's not a good week to be gone from work. Back to the grind tomorrow. Really the entire morning amounted to waiting. We showed up at 8:00, but didn't see a lawyer or judge until the afternoon. Most annoying, but at least I had a book. We were a pool of 20 for a criminal case that only needed six jurors, so my chances were pretty good. I only said one thing during the 90 minutes of lawyer questioning that led to the juror selection, but I guess it was enough. I'd be really curious to know just what the lawyers were thinking and looking for during a session that I found most boring, repetitive, and inconsequential. I have a feeling they were watching our reactions and body language as much as listening to what we said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home