Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.28.2007

"I owe my audience a blog post; what should I say tonight?" I said.

Cleaned out my desk at the "old" place today, even though my new office won't be vacant until Friday. My new office . . . my first real office, really. I've had shared offices and personal desks, but not "my office" before. Interesting. I asked the facilities head if we could add a brighter coat of paint and get some better lights in there and he said yes, which I'm very glad for. The building in general is really quite nice despite being older, but that office is just too dim. The work won't be done when I "move in" on Friday, but he said they won't have any trouble working around me as long as I don't put anything on the walls.

It's been my habit to have a stack or two of books in my "to read" pile on one corner of my desk. New books that catch my eye or recommendations that sound too good to miss, basically all kid and teen books I want to read for a combination of pleasure and readers advisory purposes. I turned most of my pile in unread today. That's one of the parts of this transition that makes me sad, giving up the J and YA books because I've really come to like them. And I know, I don't have to give them up, but I figure I'd better start familiarizing myself with a few of the adult authors out there pretty soon since I'm moving into that territory. I'm just not too excited about it yet. I haven't been interested in reading much of anything lately, to tell the truth. A combination of pushing myself during the reading challenge in January and February, the spring weather tempting me outside more, and my thoughts being engaged with the new job transition. If you've noticed a lack of posts to news articles recently it's because I haven't been reading even them. Now I think I'll give myself a bit of time to transition with some of the fantasy books I love so much then maybe working on a few nonfiction titles that have intrigued me for a while before getting to the popular fiction.

(A lot of quotation marks in that--I must be channeling Dr. Evil.)

1 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

I always seem to read in phases. Either I'm not reading anything, or I go through four books in a weekend. Just having the free time to do it makes a big difference.

Enjoy the nice weather now. It will be summer soon enough, with oppressive humidity. Then lolling about, reading, will sound much more appealling.

I'm looking forward to my plane trip next week. I have no less than six books I'm taking with me. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to ditch everybody and truly relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home