Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

8.01.2007

It Is Finished

A week later than most of you, but I finally finished reading HP7. If you want to repeat any of your earlier conversations, the comments to this post are open.

1 Comments:

At 8/01/2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Degolar said...

I really don't like to get too analytical and instead just enjoy absorbing the story, but I'll start off with a few thoughts.

Overall I enjoyed reading it and don't have any real complaints. It was a good story and I look forward to reading it again sometime.

One thing I'd say about each of her books and most especially with this one is she could benefit from better pacing. The first part is a leisurely examination of daily life for Harry and company with limited plot advancement while the last part happens all in a rush. The book would have benefitted from quicker pacing at the start and more daily life to wrap up the end.

I suspected that Harry was the last horcrux since the last book, so I feel vindicated in seeing it so. This makes for a much happier and more satisfying read while still making her point that it was his willingness to die that matters, but I felt it was a bit of a cop out to let him survive so easily.

I'm glad Snape was revealed to be a good guy in the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home