Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

1.18.2008

Coming Out of the Fog (?)


Your Score: Existential Crisis


You scored 70% Concerned and 40% Certain!



You're in a place of massive uncertainty, with very little idea of where to go. Maybe you used to think that there was Meaning with a capital M once before, but now it seems pretty hollow and delusional. You're not necessarily depressed, but you don't have much in the way of a firm center to work with.

Link: The Existential Crisis Test


Things have definitely improved for me since my crisis, but it seems to have opened a world of new emotions to me. I've never quite returned to myself, I've been fighting depression, and life has lacked a certain zest I was used to. I figured it was all part of the recovery. On Wednesday I started researching a minor condition I was diagnosed with about a year ago and learned one of the medications I've been taking comes with the side effects fatigue, anxiety, and depression. Hmmm. I haven't taken that pill since yesterday morning. Perhaps it's false hope, but my mood has been markedly improved today. I'm hopeful more engagement with life will follow.

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 9:44 AM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

I scored 70% concerned and 50% certain. But received the same description as yours. I wasn't feeling particulary depressed up to that point. Yikes. I don't know that the test was any help toward reassurance!

Though my word verify did make me laugh, in an ironic way: fuchrev

 
At 1/19/2008 10:10 AM, Blogger Leelu said...

60/16 with the same text.

Not having seen I <3 Huckabees probably skewed my score some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home