Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.09.2008

Pleasantly Surprised

I never saw the old Speed Racer cartoons. The bubble gum images on display in the previews, the fact that they've been marketing it purely as a kids movie, and the awful reviews I've read meant I wasn't very excited about seeing it. But the wife grew up on the cartoons and was geeked about it, so we went to see it on the IMAX tonight. So granted I was only hoping not to be bored, but I actually had a good time. I think the reviews have been unnecessarily harsh, because there's much more story and plot than I expected and the visuals actually work. True, it's a very PG kids movie with some juvenile humor, but it's a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home