Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

8.11.2008

Chocolate Funfun Song

Chocolate funfun, gimme lots of fun
Chocolate funfun, gimme lots of fun
Find a friend on Friday
Find him near the Sun
Eat a box of monkeytoes
Touch a dragon's tongue
Chocolate funfun, gimme lots of fun
Chocolate funfun, gimme lots of fun
Gil's in the chickenhouse
Honey's on the run
Dooji's by the pickleshack
Elton weighs a ton
Chocolate funfun, gimme lots of fun
Chocolate funfun, bimme lots of fun
River's runnin backwards
Moon just ate the Sun
Biscuits on the table
Apple pie is done


*****

So I just finished my second book by Adam Rapp, The Copper Elephant (the one I read a couple of years ago was 33 Snowfish). He seems to write about teenagers in the bleakest of circumstances with decimated lives. (Seriously, shockingly grim. Click on the Amazon links and read the descriptions.) He also gives them particular dialects and unique voices. This one's post-apocalyptic.

The Babymakers got a life hole where the Lost Men go lay. Tick Burrowman says that the men who wasn't good enough for the Syndicate got sent down to the Pits before the Digit Kids. The ones who got away is called the Lost Men and they don't got nobody -- no family and no women or nothing. They just roam the Shelf and hunt for food and plastic and fire and sleep in compost bins. . . .

Tick Burrowman went to the Babymaker's life hole like four times last minimonth but I think his dinker's croaked. They gave him this tube of special lotion that's supposed to uncroak his love muscles. Once he left it on the planing table and I took the tube and rubbed some into my arm. It was yellow and slippery and it smelled like dog pee. I put some on my privacy, too, cause I thought it might make my babymaking parts grow faster, but it didn't do nothing but make me feel like I sat down in the rain with no pants on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home