Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

12.04.2009

Sherman Alexie on Colbert

A fascinating look at an author's perspective on writing in the digital age.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sherman Alexie
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorU.S. Speedskating

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2009 10:42 AM, Blogger CDL said...

Interesting. Taking away the human element. Read an article this morning - says something like that.

And, after the inservice, someone said they learned more, had more help, in a 30-minute somewhat off topic discussion with 4 others than months of email on the same topic. Not me, but I had a similar experience. She wishes she had more human contact with people at other branches and her committee. It would help. But there is no time. Are we are taking away the human element in favor of doing more but doing it at a distance and online. Or is it just differences in preferred working styles?

Or reading and interacting styles ?

 
At 12/06/2009 11:16 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

I've always hated online/distance educational opportunities because I get so much more out of face-to-face interactions. I can't speak for everyone, but that's definitely my preference. And I like to think I'm plenty open to reading and interacting through the computer, just not when I want to be productive or really need something valuable from it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home