Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.23.2010

An Unusual Day

Signs had been posted for a resident appreciation breakfast this morning at the complex clubhouse. I decided I'd stop in and grab something on my way to work. As I was walking to the door I noticed a woman spinning her tires on the ice in a futile effort to back out of her parking spot. I went over and gave her a push until she was out, in the process getting my khakis stained with little splattered specks of slightly muddy water. When I finally made it inside they were out of hot food even though it was only eight and the breakfast was supposed to last until nine.

The morning at work wasn't too unusual, except that we had a new guy starting who was getting his initial orientation. It was also the first storytime of a new session, which went quite well.

In the afternoon, though, I had the opportunity to help stop a domestic violence case that was occurring in the library.

Typing up my statement for the police made me late for my unexpected meeting. For the second year I've signed up to do the corporate challenge bike race as a way to motivate myself to get active. A plea went out for someone to be our coordinator for the event since no one had volunteered; even though I'm about as heavy and out of shape as I've been, I said I'd do it and tried to get my bearings the meeting. I'm hoping it will be fun.

My ex has been wanting to see John Mayer in concert for ten years, but has always had a conflict or felt the tickets were too expensive. Late last week she emailed to say she'd found cheap tickets on Craigslist and asked if I'd keep her company, so that's what we did tonight.

Not a normal Monday at all.

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2010 11:08 AM, Blogger Hadrian said...

I should say not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home