Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

7.30.2010

The Asking of the Question Is a Bit of an Answer

Probably too much for Facebook and I bury things there too quickly, so I'll leave it here too. Not sure any of you will answer, but . . .

Question of the Day: How strong is your sense of constantly being in an imaginary, metaphorical Panopticon?

( . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon : The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the incarcerated being able to tell whether they are being watched, thereby conveying what one architect has called the "sentiment of an invisible omniscience." . . . )

( . . . I was thinking along the lines of constant self-criticism, even when alone thinking how would my thoughts and actions look to others and how would they judge me for them. . . . )

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2010 7:57 AM, Blogger Kelly Sime said...

i once thought that way, but when it happened, i chalked it up to mental distress

 
At 7/31/2010 10:58 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

Really? I've always felt that and assumed everyone else did as well to one extent or another. Huh. Maybe there's more to this claim of cacophony than I realized.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home