Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

2.02.2011

A Deep Thought?

Recently a friend had a very eloquent post about her preference for music that many consider "depressing." Here's an excerpt:

My point, of course, is that our musical tastes are a reflection of our personalities. My “depressing” music is often full of joy and hope; it’s just usually not rendered in an exuberant way. And yes, I’m something of a melancholy person. But I happen to find a kind of joy in melancholy. Some people like to escape from the everyday with entertainment; some of us want to try to understand it better by looking straight at it. Both ways are comforting. People are different.

I like to think I'm a bit all-over-the-map with my tastes (with a few exceptions), but I do have some favorites. Yesterday this same person referred to one of my favorites as "ominous." Others have used the same word about some of my other preferred selections (along with "creepy" in a synomymous sense). So now I'm wondering if that preference says anything about me . . .











And many others . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home