Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

3.28.2011

Parasites Are Sexy

Particularly ones that kill their prey.

Right?

Actually, I'm a little old-fashioned and still having trouble making the paradigm shift that would allow me to get on board with stories like All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire. Maybe it's due to all the years I spent fighting vampires with my D&D characters, but I still tend to think of them as murderous monsters. Despite their evident sexual prowess.

(Never mind the fact that the male member needs blood flow to function properly coupled with the fact that vampires are undead creatures that lack beating hearts or flowing blood.)

As Stephen Colbert might say, the market has spoken. Popular opinion has made it clear that vampires are sexy, regardless of what I think, and I need to get over it and accept that fact.

And, if I really think about it, it should be obvious. I'm a long-time fan of Lords of Acid, after all, and back in '94 they wrote the ultimate parasite love song. Vampires are late to this party, because long before they became sexy, there were the pleasures of the crablouse.

(Before hitting play, you may want to check out the NSFW lyrics.



-----

@$#^#$&#%!!! A random thought would just happen to lead me to their website for the first time in years two weeks after they were in town on a tour . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home