Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

8.14.2012

Does Twice Make a Trend?

Overall, I'm a pretty organized, orderly person.  Especially when it comes to shared work spaces, I like everything just so and try to always clean up for the next person.  But I also always sprawl and make a mess when I'm in the midst of work, and my personal (unshared) work spaces can stay pretty messy and cluttered for long periods of time.

It's time to start planning for my fall storytimes, so to begin I am clearing away the mess that has accumulated on my storytime cart during the past year.  Buried in the mess, I came across these letters from young patrons sent to me after I gave their class a tour of our library, I believe near the start of last school year.  It's the one from James (top right) that has inspired me to share, in part because it reminds me of another letter from a few years ago in which the student wrote about disrobing me.

James wrote: "I'm sorry for squeezing you . . . "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home