Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

2.26.2013

Nearly Spring

Today we're having our second wave of heavy snow in less than a week.  Double-digit inches amounts of snow.  Businesses closed, blizzard conditions, states of emergency, that kind of thing.  Fairly unusual for around here, though certainly not unheard of.  It's been our first significant snowfall in two years.  Literally.

Two years ago to the day, I went tromping through the woods after the last snow of a very snowy, cold winter.  I captured it with my phone's camera, and shared the pictures on Facebook here.  (That's a public link, so you should be able to see them even without a Facebook account.)  I called the album "Nearly Spring," since we were at the end of a long winter with signs of thawing becoming very visible.  Today's snow is heavy and wet, so the scenery is very similar to that wet, beginning-to-melt snow from two years ago.  I'm about to head outside to adventure in today's wonderland, but here are some of the previous images.

Snow sagging off the branches, but not quite letting go:
Standing on the dam, looking across a very still, windless lake:
The creek wasn't quite frozen:
I also tried to recreate a number of scenes where I'd taken pictures in different seasons.  This, for instance,
Was where I'd taken the first picture with a phone that turned me on to photographing my wanders:
This one isn't much,
But being there reminded I'd previously captured a great sunset from that spot:
And this one, with the light fading, was a great reminder of a previous walk
When I'd captured a great spring day:

Spring is coming.

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2013 10:39 AM, Blogger Sharyl said...

Your photos are lovely, Chris! Reminds me of the BEAUTY of this event! (Now since you are cold and wet anyway, how about a hand with my driveway?!) :-)

 
At 2/26/2013 10:43 AM, Blogger Kelly Sime said...

White, grey, blue

Yellow, orange, green

 

Post a Comment

<< Home