Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

10.26.2006

Warm Fuzzy

A lot of people have fallen in love with Kate Dicamillo. Because of Winn-Dixie is the book that made her famous. Newbery honor book. Made into a movie. Everyone thought it was awesome; I've never heard a bad word spoken against it. Then The Tale of Despereaux won the Newbery. A totally different book, some people complained about aspects, but all acknowledged it as excellent. I thought both were pretty good, but neither really did it for me. Well today I read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and that's done it for me. Simple. Elegant. Genuine. Wonderful. I don't think it's for everyone, but I loved it. After finishing it I just sat and savored what I was feeling for a while (which is rare for me, since I'm always doing something).

2 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger CDL said...

Exactly. I even had to buy this book.

 
At 10/27/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Kelly Sime said...

yup. i've bought the book too, signed and all. i cried after i finished it

so sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home