Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

4.23.2009

Foreshadowing Things to Come

Two from Heroes of the Valley:

What is a gathering without unseemly drunkenness?

-----

"But I do get afraid. It's just that fear makes me sort of . . . angry and resentful, and I bite back at it. It's hard to describe."

"It isn't hard to describe, you idiot," Aud said. "It's called courage."


-----

Two from Here Lies Arthur:

But boys will be boys, even the ones who are only girls dressed up: That's one of the rules of the world.

-----

In the old days, I'd never given a thought to the future, and not much to the past. I'd lived simply in the now. I'd been happy if I had enough to eat, and nobody was hitting me. I'd been miserable when I was cold and frightened when I was ill, but mostly I gave no more thought than an animal did to what might happen tomorrow, or next week. Just an animal walking about on two legs, that's all I was till Myrddin changed me. It seemd to me sometimes I'd been happier that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home