Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

2.08.2011

Random Memory

The previous post has me thinking about late middle to early high school. Freshman year. Football. Late in the season. Part of the getting-psyched-up-to-hit-each-other-violently routine was a call-and-response thing of some sort (foggy on the specifics; something like, "Ready?" "Let's go!"). The "captain" figure would yell something full-voice and everyone would yell back in response. Not an ongoing chant, more of a "Raaarrrggghhh" kind of thing. My turn came and, instead of the usual response, I got mostly laughter and encouragement from the coach to try again. I honestly can't remember ever trying to actually yell before that moment, and don't think I knew how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home