Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

4.09.2011

Rorschachian? - Spine Poem Exploration

So it seems that spine poems are all the rage this year for National Poetry Month. Books are stacked on top of each other with the spines aligning, and the titles of the books are the poem. I haven't had time to browse the stacks looking for physical ideas, but I looked at all the titles I've rated on Goodreads and put some things together. I'm definitely no poet, but here's what my play produced:

Seek
Impossible Things
One Whole & Perfect Day
The Spectacular Now
Hidden Talents
Diamonds in the Shadow
Wild Things
The Search for Delicious
What I Call Life

How I Live Now
Godless
Invisible
Poison
Out of Order
Nothing to Lose
Nothing

Countdown
Cosmic
Rot & Ruin
You
Smile
Powerless

Wait for Me
Stuck in Neutral
If I Stay
Inexcusable
Born Confused
Waiting for Normal
The Case of the Lost Boy

When You Reach Me
The Awakening
Skin Hunger
Catching Fire
Feed
The Magic Pickle
Into the Volcano
A Step from Heaven
Kingdom Come

Last Night I Sang to the Monster
Monsters of Men
The Underneath
The Unspoken
The Unnameables
Keeper of the Night

Before I Fall
I Shall Wear Midnight
Soon I Will Be Invincible
Hero
Kick-Ass
Epic
King Dork
The Lump of Coal

This Is What I Did
Malice
Blindspot
Imaginary Enemy
Claws
Stitches
Sacred Scars
I Am the Messenger

The Search for Delicious
Tasting the Sky
The Sky Is Everywhere
Everything Bad Is Good for You
Life Is Funny
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You

The Various
Gentlemen
Speak
A Tale Dark and Grimm
The Magicians
Hate List
The Foretelling

The Whole World’s Gone Crazy
Bone by Bone by Bone
Dust
Blankets
Feathers
You & You & You
Taken
Down the Rabbit Hole
Way Down Deep
The Slippery Slope

The Arrival
A Curse Dark as Gold
The End
As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth
The Big Burn
A Game of You

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2015 3:56 PM, Blogger hannah jane said...

This is so freaking exciting and awesome! I'm going to generate a prompt doing something like this for the poetry workshop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home