Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

4.26.2011

"They Haven't Made Any Good Music Since Flood"



The last time They Might Be Giants were in town, the concert (with some other stuff to lead in) was a performance of their 1990 album Flood (in its entirety, in order). Because, I'm assuming, it's still their music people know best and is what's most in demand. I've actually had people tell me they stopped listening after that album and that none of their music since was as good--even though, when pressed, they admitted they hadn't really given anything since much of a listen. I have, and don't even think Flood is my favorite TMBG album. So I'm very excited to see that they have a new album, Join Us, coming out July 19. And, according to this short video, today is TMBG awareness day.



In the last ten years the band has released multiple kids albums (that have won Grammys), done music for TV and movies, and more, but they've continued to make original music like they've always done. Here's a sampling of some of that newer music; not necessarily the best, but some of the catchier, most accessible and fun tunes in an attempt to hook you.











And, just for a bonus since it's from 1992's Apollo 18, my favorite TMBG song:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home