Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.10.2013

Still Not Going to Convince Anyone, I'm Sure

Life has been keeping me too busy to pursue the posts I currently have planned, so in the meantime a quick share from a Facebook conversation.  I try not to get too political too often, but I felt the need to respond to a comment thread and was pleased with the way I came up with for stating my position within a more traditionally conservative frame.

The status: "There have been 8 school shootings and 3,800 gun deaths since Sandy Hook."

The comment I reacted to: "And the guns are inananimate, mindless objects with no ability to act on their own. It's the psychotic humans that aquire the guns, illegally for the most part, and use them as use them as tools to carry out their hienous crimes." [sic, et al]

My response: "Not sure where you're getting your data, but the research I've seen indicates the majority of mass shootings are by guns obtained legally.  Link to: A Guide to Mass Shootings in America

"To put it another way . . . nuclear missiles are inanimate, mindless objects with no ability to act on their own. Yet I'm quite sure that if nuclear missiles were legal, affordable, and easy to obtain, the world would be a more radioactive place. Our strategy for dealing with places like North Korea and Iran is not making sure that South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Tasmania, Ecuador, and every other nation have nuclear missiles, it's to prevent North Korea and Iran from getting nuclear missiles in the first place. We are always going to have psychotic humans in our midst, and the easier we make it for them to acquire destructive tools, the more destruction we'll have."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home