Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

10.27.2006

Tension

School is out for K-8 graders today, so I collected the 4 Xboxes our system owns to have an afternoon of open play at the library. I expected to greet people, supervise, and sit back and relax. Instead, some of the solitary kids wanted me to play against them, so I ended up spending much of the three hours gaming. I had fun, but my shoulders and neck got increasingly tense the longer I played. By the time we were done I had a pounding headache that is only now starting to ease. It's not like I was wrapped up in the games or cursing or ranting or anything, it just wasn't a relaxing activity for me at all. How can people spend hours gaming like this?

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger scott said...

If you've got comfy chairs and a game you enjoy, it's lots more fun. If you're gaming at your own home, its even better.

Once you start adding in more people, it gets less fun. And if you're craning your neck, its even worse.

 
At 10/27/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

Speaking of video games, Degolar, have you ever played Microsoft Flight Simulater?

 
At 10/28/2006 1:22 AM, Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Play is hard work. Sorry about the headache.

 
At 10/28/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger David Crowe said...

Can't talk. Sora just found king Mickey and I am trying to level up Donald and Goofy so they can use their abilities in battle. What were we talking about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home