Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

4.23.2007

Responsible for Dumbing You Down

Watch the Daily Show? You're Smart. Read Blogs or Watch FOX? Not So Much

A few tidbits from the study comparing your news sources to how informed you are:

Daily Show/Colbert Report 54%
Major Newspapers' Websites 54%
NewsHour w/ Jim Lehrer 53%
Bill O'Reilly 51%
NPR 51%
Rush Limbaugh 50%
Newsmagazines 48%
Local Newspaper 43%
CNN 41%
Network Evening News 38%
Blogs 37%
Fox News 35%
Local TV News 35%
National Average 35%
Network Morning Shows 34%

Click into the article for an explanation.

5 Comments:

At 4/23/2007 5:52 PM, Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

God, I hope people aren't getting their news from my blog! I make shit up all the time!

 
At 4/23/2007 7:36 PM, Blogger Hadrian said...

I think it really matters which blogs you're reading.

 
At 4/23/2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Leelu said...

I tried the actual test and got 77% correct. I didn't know that minimum wage reform had passed completely, and as such I didn't even see the question about what the new minimum wage was.

Granting that I'm pretty casual about my news, that scares the crap out of me.

 
At 4/24/2007 6:10 AM, Blogger Degolar said...

What do you mean new minimum wage? We don't even have an old one. At least, not according to Gobula's blog.

 
At 4/24/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Hadrian said...

I got 91% myself. But then I was reminded about the minimum wage by Leelu's comment above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home