Through the Prism

After passing through the prism, each refraction contains some pure essence of the light, but only an incomplete part. We will always experience some aspect of reality, of the Truth, but only from our perspectives as they are colored by who and where we are. Others will know a different color and none will see the whole, complete light. These are my musings from my particular refraction.

5.23.2013

The Last Sixteen Hours

Fresh, healthy food, quality time with my wife, early to bed, late to rise, a cool, sunny morning, favorite music, and a walk in the park with the dogs.  Suddenly life's challenges don't seem quite so stressful or daunting.

Last night in the yard with the dogs after work.

The dinner I shared with my pregnant wife, who has been suffering from awful morning sickness and is just getting some of her appetite back.  Fruit, cheese, vegetables, crackers, and hummus.  Strawberries with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar is one of the best things ever.

This morning I watched the haze burn away and the sun emerge in all its glory.  I love all the different shades of green created by the light and shadows.

Califone - "The Orchids"

But in the morning after the night
I fall in love with the light
It is so clear I realize
And now at last I have my eyes

(Just learned this is a cover and that I really like the original by Psychic TV.  I'm going to have to check them out some more.)




It's a bit hard to see since that's all the closer I could get with the dogs (click on the picture for full-size), but right in the middle is a squirrel doing an excellent imitation of a statue on a pedestal.

A little white duck nestled in behind the flowers right on the shore.

Toad the Wet Sprocket - "I Will Not Take These Things for Granted"

My music shuffle decided to play this for me right before I happened upon the two critters and took their pictures.



-----

(Because too often it's too easy to feel like this (still favorite songs, though).)

Iron & Wine - "Waitin' for a Superman"



The Kinks - "(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman"


1 Comments:

At 5/23/2013 7:40 PM, Anonymous Your devoted wife. said...

I wish every day could be that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home